Asian Chopped Salad
Chille LIme Dressing
Juice of 2 Limes
3 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1 teaspoon of grated ginger
1 teaspoon of sriracha sauce
1 small chilli pepper (reduce or add to taste)
2 Chicken breast
1/2 Red Bell Pepper
3 Cups of Napa Cabbage (julienned)
1 Cup of Red Cabbage
2 Baby Bok Choy (jullienned)
2 green onions -thinly sliced
1/2 cup of thinly sliced snow peas
1 mango peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
1/4 cup each of:
1/3 cup roasted peanuts
1/4 cup (2) Shallots roasted in oil until crispy.
Chilli Lime Dressing:
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the Chilli Lime Dressing
- Cut the chicken breasts into skewer size pieces.
- Place into a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of the dressing to marinate.
- Marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes and then skewer the chicken pieces and BBQ until cooked (about 10 -12 minutes). Serve the chicken skewers over the prepared salad.
- Cut 1/2 Red Pepper cut in julienne strips and place into a large flat bowl
- Add 1/2 cup of carrot sticks (match sticks)
- Julienne the Cabages and add to bowl.
- Add snow peas julienned
- Add Mango (cut into thin strips) peeled.
- Add the basil, mint and corriander that has been mixed together.
- Mix the salad ingredients and pour the remaining dressing over the salad and mix well
- Top with peanuts and fried shallots.