Asparagus Packets with Prociutto.
20 Asparagus Spears (medium thickness)
10 Prosciutto Slices (thin)
Fresh Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
Lemon Infused Olive OIl
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
Rind of 1/2 a lemon
- Prepare the asparagus by removing bottom portions of stalk.
- Wrap 2 pieces of asparagus together with 1 slice of prosciutto.
- Grill the asparagus for about 5 minutes, prosciutto should be slightly crispy.
- Combine the vinegar and brown sugar together in a small saucepan.
- Over medium/high heat reduce to a syrup – about 10 minutes. Don’t reduce too much as this will continue to thicken as it sets and cools
Lemon Infused Oil:
- Bring the Olive Oil and lemon rind to a simmer over low heat. Simmer for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain out the lemon rind.
- Platter the grilled asparagus packets.
- Drizzle the packets with the lemon oil and balsamic reduction
- Grate fresh parmesian cheese over the packets and serve.