Beet Carpaccio with Grapes, Feta and Spiced Pecans
2 medium Red Beets (in season a mix of red and golden is nice)
1/2 cup Arugula
1 tbsp Chives (fresh, chopped)
1 cup Green Grapes (seedless)
1/2 cup Feta (crumbled)
1/2 cup Spicy Pecans
2 tbsp Olive Oil
3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 pinch Sea Salt
1/2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1/2 tbsp Honey
1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Wrap beets in tinfoil and place in oven for 1 hour. Remove and place in dish of ice water to allow easier peeling.
- Peel the beets and slice very thin slices (ideally with a mandolin). Place the beets on individual serving plates making a big circle from the beet circles.
- Add the Arugula to the center of the beets, spread the grapes, feta, chives and pecans around the edges.
- Add the dressing and serve.
- Can be garnished with a balsamic reduction.
- Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- You might need to double up on the dressing as its quite popular!