Black Bean Hummus
1 Clove Garlic
1 Tbsp Tahini Paste
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Tsp Cumin
2 Grinds Salt (pinch if using iodized salt)
1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 Tin Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
2-3 Tbsp Water (or use lemon juice for a bit more of a kick)
4-5 Black Olives
- Using a food processor, combine the tahini paste and the lemon juice. Process for 1 minute, scrape sides of bowl and process again for another minute.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper. Process for 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 of the black beans (about 1/4 of the can) and process for another minute, before adding the last 1/2 of black beans. Process for 1 – 2 minutes until smooth
- Add the water (1 Tbsp @ time) and process until the desired consistency is reached – you’ll have to stick your finger in and lick it :).
- Top with paprika and diced black olives to serve.