Butternut Squash & Ginger Soup
1 medium size Butternut Squash
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 medium Onions
2 Tablespoons of grated ginger
2 Cloves of garlic coarsely chopped
2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
5 Cups of Vegetable (or Chicken) stock
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut a medium sized Butternut Squash in half length wise. Brush with olive oil and place cut side down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake squash for 50 minutes. Remove the skin, and cut squash in cubes.
- Sauté onions in remaining olive oil unti softened. Add the garlic, ginger and cinnamon. Continue to saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add the stock and butternut and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Using a stick or blender puree the soup to a smooth consistency.
- Add table cream, and stir in to warm the cream.
- Serve and garnish with spicy pecans