Cowboy Caviar (Mexican Corn Salad)
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Liquid Honey
1/4 Cup White Wine Vinegar
1 Tsp Salt
6 Grinds Black Pepper
1 Tsp Chili Powder
2 Roma Tomatoes (seeded and diced)
1/2 Can Black Eyed Peas (drained and rinsed)
1/2 Can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 Can Chic Peas (drained, rinsed and skins sorted through)
3 Ears Sweet Corn (cooked, cooled and kernels removed) - see note
1 Small Red Onion (diced)
1/2 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
1/2 Red Bell Pepper (diced) - see note
1 Avocado (diced)
1 Cup Cilantro (chopped)
- Whisk together Olive Oil, honey, white wine vinegar, chili powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (excluding the avocado and cilantro).
- Stir to combine ensuring that all the ingredients are well coated.
- Mix in the cilantro.
- Refigerate at least 1 hour (up to 3 is good).
- Mix in the diced avocado just before serving.
- Can be served as a salad/side or as an appetizer with nachos for dipping.