Cranberry Pear Chutney
3/4 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of apple cider (or apple juice)
1/8 cup of apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups of dried cranberries
1 pear diced (equal in size to cranberries)
1/8 cup of fresh ginger (grated)
1/2 teaspoon of crushed pepper flakes
- Stir sugar, cider (or juice) and vinegar together in a skillet over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium/low and simmer unti the chutney thickens – stirring occasionally – about 20/25 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool prior to serving.