Egg Breakfast Muffins
2 Cups Egg Whites (in cartons are fine)
1/2 Cup Crumbled cooked bacon, about 6 slices (o.k. to use the packaged bacon bits)
1 Cup Spinach (chopped)
4 Green Onions sliced into rounds (white and light green parts)
3/4 Cup Grated Cheese (Mozzarella)
1/2 Sweet Onion (diced)
1/2 Red Pepper (diced)
1 Cup Mushrooms (quartered or smaller if large)
2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
1/2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray 12 muffin tins with cooking spray (12 is enough if the muffin tins are large, if not plan on 15-18)
- Cook the bacon bits and set aside on a paper towel to drain the grease.
- In the same pan, sauté the onion, peppers, mushrooms and garlic.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the egg whites and beat until smooth and frothy.
- Add all the ingredients to the eggs and and whisk to blend.
- Ladle the mixture into the muffin tins leaving them about 3/4 full
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes.