1/2 Can Chick Peas
Juice from 1/2 a Lemon (about 1/8 cup)
1/8 Cup Tahini Paste (well stirred)
2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Tsp Cumin
2 Grinds Salt (a pinch if using iodized salt)
2 Tbsp Water (add 1 at a time and check for desired consistency; may need 3 tbsp)
Paprika for garnishing
- Using a food processor, combine the tahini paste and the lemon juice. Process for 1 minute, scrape sides of bowl and process again for another minute.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, cumin and salt and process for 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 of the chick peas (about 1/4 of the can) and process for another minute, before adding the last 1/2 of chick peas. Process for 1 – 2 minutes until smooth
- Add the water (1 Tbsp @ time) and process until the desired consistency is reached – you’ll have to stick your finger in and lick it :).
- Top with paprika to serve.