Indian Vegetable Curry
1 Cup Coconut Milk (I like to use the coconut cream from the tops of the can)
3 Cups Cauliflower (cut into flowerettes)
1 Cup Carrots (cut into bite size dice)
1 Cup Sweet Potato (cut into bite size dice)
1 Onion (cut into thin strips)
1 Tbsp Ginger (minced)
2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
2 tsp Curry Powder (Madras)
3 Cups Baby Spinach
1 Can Chick Peas (15 oz can)
2 Plum Tomatoes (seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice)
1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- In a large skillet heat the coconut milk, cauliflower, carrots, sweet potato, onion, garlic and ginger and curry powder and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low, cover and simmer until the vegetables are cooked but not too soft.
- If the coconut milk is evaporating and the vegetables are not cooked add some of the water from the coconut milk can and continue cooking.
- Stir in the chick peas, spinach and tomatoes and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the Cilantro and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on its own or on top of rice garnished with fresh cilantro leaves.