Italian Sausage – One Pan Dinner
4 - 6 Italian Sausage (medium spiced)
10 Baby Potatoes (cut in half)
1 Sweet Potato (diced)
1/2 lb Brussel Sprouts (halved)
1/2 lb Button Mushrooms (left whole)
1 cup Carrots diced into 1/2 in pieces (same size as
potatoes and sweet potatoes)
1/2 Red Pepper (cut into strips)
1/2 Yellow Pepper (cut into strips)
1/2 lb Green beans (I like to use the french beans)
1 cup Broccoli
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Herb de Provence
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Remove the casing from the sausage and cut the sausage into 1/2 inch pieces
- Place the sausage pieces into a oven proof skillet (I use my cast iron skillet) with a little bit of oil.
- Combine the Potatoes, Sweet Potato, carrots, sprouts and mushrooms in a bowl add 1/2 the oil and 1/2 the Herbs de Provence mix together and spread on a parchment lined backing sheet.
- Place the sausage and vegetables in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Combine the peppers, brocolli and green beans with the remaining oil and Herbs.
- After 15 minutes remove the sausages from the oven and from the skillet with a slotted spoon to leave the grease behind.
- Add the sausage and pepper / green bean mixture to the baking sheet and mix to combine evenly.
- Place the baking tray back in the 400° oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Once done (30 minutes in total) remove pan from oven and grate the parmesan over the pan and leave in cancelled oven for 2 minutes.