Meringue Chocolate Cream Cake
1 1/2 Cups Icing Sugar
1 Cup Almond Flour
4 Egg Whites
1 Pinch Salt
1/2 Cup White Sugar
7 Oz 70% Chocolate
3/4 Cups Water
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Blend Icing Sugar and Almond Flour and sift it through a sieve to ensure it is fine and no lumps. Set aside.
- Beat Egg Whites with the pinch of salt. When they become foamy, continue beating while adding the White Sugar. Keep beating the Egg Whites and Sugar (for about 6 more minutes). They will be thick and glossy.
- Gently ‘fold’ in the Icing Sugar and Almond Flour. I recommend using a rubber spatula.
- Divide the mixture into 4 individual spring form pans lined with parchment paper. Let them sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes (a slight ‘skin’ will form on the top).
- Bake for 30 minutes – meringues should be golden and dry when touched.
- Melt the chocolate with the water in a small pot.
- Transfer to a larger metal bowl that fits into another bowl. The chocolate mixture needs to have a cooling using water and ice in the bowl that the chocolate mixture is sitting in.
- Beat the chocolate with a hand mixer on high speed for about 3 minutes. It will have an icing texture to it. Do not over beat.
- When ready to serve (or just prior to), place on of the meringue rounds on a serving plate. Spread the chocolate mixture on the top and place the 2nd meringue on top. If you have extra chocolate cream you can add it to the top of the 2nd meringue. Dust with icing sugar and/or shaved chocolate shards.