‘Muffined’ Scalloped Potatoes
2 Tbsp Butter
3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
1 Shallot (small dice)
2 Tbsp Corn Starch
3/4 Cup 35% Cream
1/2 Cup Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 Large Potatoes (Russett, thinly sliced)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease muffin tins with butter or cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Stir the garlic and Shallots into the melted butter and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the Corn Starch and continue stirring (whisk) ensuring that the mixture is smooth and thickens.
- Pour in the cream slowly while continue to whisk, mixture will thicken again.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan and salt and pepper ensuring that the cheese melts.
- Have the potatoes divided amongst the 12 muffin tins. I like them standing (as in hasselback).
- Spoon the sauce over the potatoes. About 1 tablespoon per tin.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes (+/- depending on the thickness of the potatoes).