Parsnip and Pear Soup (with Parsnip Chips)
1 medium Onion (diced)
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Tsp Curry Powder (medium)
2 Cups Parsnips (peeled and diced - about 4 parsnips)
4 Cups Chicken Stock (low sodium)
2 Pears (Bosc - peeled and diced)
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a medium size pot.
- Add the onions and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the curry and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add the parsnips and chicken stock and stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes (parsnips should be soft enough to puree)
- Puree with a blender / stick until all the chunks are gone.
- Add the diced pear and puree for an additional minute or 2 until the mixture is well mixed and smooth.
- Top with