Pecan Bourbon Beurre Brun
1 Pan used for browning beef prior to roasting (beef tenderloin seasoned
with salt and pepper and browned in olive oil)
1 Cup Bourbon
1 Tbsp Sage (fresh and finely chopped)
1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
1/2 Cup Toasted Pecan Pieces
- Over medium/high deglaze a browned pan with bourbon.
- Add the sage and reduce the bourbon to about 1/2 on medium heat.
- Add the butter and pecans.
- Reduce the heat to low/medium and cook until the butter begins to brown. Remove from heat.
- When roast/beef is done in the oven heat the Beurre Brun while the roast is standing (don’t over heat and burn the butter).
- Serve drizzled over the beef and ensure there is some extra – it will be asked for.