Porketta (Sudbury Style)
2 tablespoons dill seed
2 tablespoons of fennel seed
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons lemon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon caraway seed
1 teaspoon anise seed
1 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
4 pound pork shoulder
- Mix all spices together.
- Pre heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Slice 1 onion, and spread in bottom of roasting pan,
- Remove any rind from pork shoulder and rub the spice mixture over the shoulder
- Add water to the roasting pan to reach halfway up the sides of the shoulder.
- Cover tightly and cook 4 1/2 hours at 300 degrees.
- Strain and thicken drippings with diluted corn starch.
- Serve as pulled pork, with gravy and mashed potatoes.