Quiche with Mashed Potato Crust
2 - 3 Cups Mashed Potatoes (mashed/whipped with
butter and milk)
2 Cups Broccoli Pieces
1 Cup Button Mushrooms (cleaned and quartered)
1 lb Chorizo Sausage chopped in bite size pieces
1/2 Onion Diced
1/2 Cup Grape Tomatoes (halved)
1 Cup Shredded Cheese (Cheddar, Mozzarella)
1/2 Cup Egg Whites
1 Cup 35% Cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Tsp Hot Sauce (Franks)
- My Preference is to used left over mashed Potatoes ‘or’ you can boil 2 -3 large potatoes until tender. Drain and mash, then whip with an electric mixer with 1 Tbsp butter and milk until fluffy.
- Grease a 9 inch pie dish and press the mashed potatoes into the dish and up the sides. Brush with olive oil and bake in a preheated (350°) oven – crust should be lightly browned.
- While baking, sauté the Broccoli, Mushrooms, Chorizo & Onions for about 5 minutes.
- When the crust is out of the oven pour the sautéd mixture into the crust, add the tomatoes and the shredded cheese.
- Whisk the Eggs, Egg Whites, milk and Salt & Pepper until well blended.
- Pour over the mixture and bake for 30 minutes @ 350°. Let cool for 10 minutes and then serve with a nice Salsa.