Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Tumeric
4 Cups Cauliflower - broken into flowerettes
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Tbsp Turmeric
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground)
1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Medium Onion (diced)
2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
1 Stalk Celery (diced)
6 Cups Stock (chicken or vegetable)
- Break apart cauliflower into small flowerettes.
- Combine the cauliflower, olive oil, turmeric, salt and pepper in a large bowl; mix to coat well.
- Roast the cauliflower @ 375° for 40 minutes, turning about every 10 minutes to brown evenly.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, sauté the onion, garlic and celery in Butter until soft and beginning to brown.
- Add the stock and stir to combine.
- Let the stock simmer for the balance of the cooking time for the cauliflower – about 30 minutes
- When the cauliflower is finished, add it to the stock and bring to a boil.
- In a blender (or using a stick) puree the mixture to desired consistency; by blending the entire mixture or blending only half the mixture and combining with the stock.