Roasted Cauliflower with Bechamel Sauce
1 large Cauliflower
11/2 Tbsp Olive Oil (divided)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Cloves Garlic (large cloves)
2 Tbsp Flour
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
1 Cup Plain Yogurt
1 Cup Aged white Cheddar Cheese (grated)
1 Egg Yolk
1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1/4 Cup Parsley (fresh, chopped)
1/4 Cup Aged white Cheddar Cheese (grated)
2 Tsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 400
- Trim the leaves off the cauliflower, and flatten the stem so it will sit flat in a roasting dish.
- Brush the cauliflower with olive oil (about 1 1/2 Tbsp)
- Bake the cauliflower for 50 minutes (uncovered)
- In a skillet, over medium heat heat olive oil and garlic until fragrant 3/4 minutes
- Add the flour, mustard, salt and pepper – stirring together for another 2 minutes
- Add the yogurt and continue to stir; cook for another 5-7 minutes (sauce will thicken)
- Remove from heat and whisk in egg yolk, mixture will thicken more.
- Coat the roasted (50 minutes) cauliflower with the bechemel sauce, apply liberally and if necesary pour the remaining sauce into the bottom of the roasting dish.
- Roast for another 10 minutes
- Toss panko bread crumbs, with cheese, parsley, oil and lemon juice
- Press the panko mixture into the sauce on top of the cauliflower
- Return the cauliflower to th oven and finish roasting for another 10 minutes. Topping should be browned.