Sesame Crusted Salmon with an Orange Leek Sauce
4 pieces Salmon filets
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs (Gluten Free available for substitution)
1/4 cup Sesame Seeds (white or white and black mixed - don't use toasted)
1/2 cup Flour (Gluten Free substitute is Brown Rice flour)
1 large Egg
1 Tbsp Water
1 Cup Vegetable Oil (enough to cover the bottom of the skillet to about 1/4 inch depth)
ORANGE LEEK SAUCE
1 Cup Leeks (sliced and left in rounds) 1 large leek
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 0z Triple Sec
1 Cup Orange Juice
1 Cup 35% Creama
- Pre heat oven to 400°.
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Combine bread crumbs and sesame seeds in a flat bowl (Pie plate)
- Beat the egg and water together in another bowl.
- Add the flour to a 3rd ‘pie plate’.
- Dredge the salmon in the flour, then egg mixture and finally the sesame/bread crumb mix and add to the hot oil.
- Cook for about 2 minutes per side in the oil.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and place in oven for 12-15 minutes.
Orange Leek Sauce
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium/high; add the leeks and sauté until soft (about 5 minutes)
- Add the Triple Sec and ignite, let this burn down/out and stir to combine
- Add the orange juice and reduce by 1/2
- Add the cream and continue cooking until thickened (cream should be reduced by about 1/2).
Serve with the sauce over the salmon.