Shrimp Pad Thai – Spicy Peanut Sauce
1/4 Cup Chicken Broth (low sodium)
2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
1/4 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
1/8 Cup Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Lime Juice
1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
1/4 Cup Honey
2 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce
1/2 lb Shrimp (i use 1/2 lb. per person)
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1/2 lb. Wide Rice Noodles (about 1/2 a package)
6 Green Onions (keep white and light green parts together and separate the dark green parts for garnish)
4 Cloves Garlic (minced)
1 Tbsp Ginger (chopped / minced)
6 Tbsp Vegetable Oil (seems like a lot, but necessary to keep the noodles moist)
1 Egg (lightly beaten)
1/2 Red Pepper (sliced into thin match stick pieces)
1/2 Green Pepper (sliced into thin match stick pieces)
1 Cup Bean Sprouts (optional)
1/2 Cup Peanuts (for garnish)
1 Lime (cut into wedges for garnish)
- Combine al the ingredients in a bowl and set aside .
- In a bowl, combine the deveined shrimp and 2 tbsp of soy sauce and set aside.
- Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Let soak for 10 minutes, then drain.
- In a large skillet (or wok) sauté the garlic, and peppers in oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add the green onions and shrimp and sauté for until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through.
- Add the egg and stir in quickly.
- Add the noodles and toss to mix and coat.
- If necessary you can add additional chicken stock to moisten the dish.
- Serve on a large platter with dark green onion parts and peanuts on top; and lime wedges as garnish.