Stuffed Pork Loin (Artichoke, Sun-dried Tomatoes)
1/2 Cup Onion (chopped)
1 Cup Mushrooms (chopped)
1/2 Cup Celery (chopped)
1/2 Cup Artichoke hearts (in oil - chopped)
1/2 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes (in oil - chopped)
1/4 Cup Black Olives (chopped)
2 Cloves Garlic Crushed
1 1/2 Cups Bread Crumbs (I always use Gluten Free)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil (for sautéing)
1/2 Tbsp Thyme
1 Tbsp Herbes de Provence
1 Boneless Pork Roast (3 - 4 lbs)
- Preheat oven to 300° F
- Cut the pork roast in half, stopping about 1/2 inch from going all the way through. Using a meat mallet, flatten the roast until it is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and sauté the onion, celery and mushrooms until tender about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the artichoke, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, garlic bread crumbs and herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well until blended. If it is dry, too dry, you can add a tablespoon or 2 of water.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture on the flattened roast and roll from the long edge. Secure the roast in at least 4 places (more if necessary) with butcher twine.
- Roast in a baking dish @ 300° for 1 1/2 hours – a meat thermometer inserted into the centre should read 160° F. Let the roast rest for about 15 minutes before removing the string and slicing.