Thai Basil Chicken Stir Fry
6 tablespoons of Oyster Sauce
4 tablespoons of Soy Sauce (for a very thai flavour use Golden Mountain Sauce - available at most Asian markets).
2 tablespoons of Fish Sauce
Juice of whole lime
4 tablespoons of brown sugar
4 tablespoons of dry white wine
4 chicken breast cut into thin strips or bite size pieces
4 cloves garlic thinly diced
3 red chilies diced (or 3/4 teaspoons of dried chili flakes
1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
1/2 pound of green beans (ends removed)
1 large portobello mushroom thinly sliced
3 green onions sliced into small rounds (whites and green parts).
1/2 cup of thai basil (compressed)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds (white or black)
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
Cut the chicken ito bite size pieces (thin strips work well with thin slices of peppers and the green beans.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the sauce and pour over the chicken to marinate while you are preparing the other ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a wok or skillet and add the garlic and chili peppers. Stir together until oil become pugnet with garlic and red pepper; about minute.
- Add the chicken that has been marinating, continue to saute until the chicken is opaque in colour and partially cooked through.
- Add the red and yellow peppers, green beans and shitake mushrooms and continue to saute until cooked (but still crisp) – about another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the sauce and green onions. Continue to cook over low heat for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 3/4 of the thai basil and mix well to wilt the basil.
- Serve over steamed white rice (jasmine) and top with sesame seeds.