White Fish (Red Snapper / Orange Roughy) with Tomato /Cilantro Salsa
6 Plum Tomatoes
1 Red Onion (diced) (about 1 cup)
1 Cup Cilantro leaves
1/4 Cup Lime Juice
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Chipotles Chiles (minced) also called adobo Chiles
1/2 Tsp Cumin
2 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Filets Red Snapper (skin removed)
1/4 Cup Corn Starch
- Salsa: Combine the diced tomatoes, Cilantro Leaves, Red Onion, Lime Juice, Chipotles Chiles, Cumin and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (ideally 4 hours).
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Heat 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil in a large skillet
- Season filet with salt (lightly) and pepper. Then cover with corn starch on both sides.
- Sauté fish in hot skillet for about 3 minutes per side (slightly browned) and transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 more minutes (until cooked through).
- Serve fish, topped with salsa (that has been brought to room temperature).
- Recommend that it be served with small roasted potatoes and spicy green beans.